Saturday, March 23, 2013

Mary

Hello and Happy Saturday!

I wish to thank Mike Landry for his wonderful interview! I enjoyed reading your answers and learning more about your faith.
Thank you so much Mike!

Today we have a new interview so please welcome Mary. Mary is a ChristoPagan and I know you'll enjoy her interview as well!

Here Is Mary's Introduction:


 I was baptised and confirmed in the Episcopalian Church. My parents weren't big church goers, and usually I attended church on Easter Sunday and occasional Sunday School classes. In my late teens, I discovered the Rosicrucian Fellowship and completed their courses in Astrology, Philosophy, and Esoteric Philosophy. Afterwards, I furthered my education in astrology and began my studies of mythology. For many years, I really don't believe I had a path. In my late 40's I was working with mental health clients who had HIV. People were still dying of the disease at an alarming rate back then and I absolutely hated watching them suffer in a hospital bed and not be able to do anything for them...meaning, I wanted to guide them into the light, but would get fired by my job if I did that, so I made the decision to take up the ministry and chose to become an Interfaith Minister so I could work in the hospices. Unfortunately, although I did complete my ordination, I never got the chance to work in a hospice. I'd already 'burned out' with so much death around me. Then, in my mid-fifties I began working on my genealogy and found that my ancestors hailed from the the Celtic countries. As I began taking up studies of the Celts, I discovered Druidry and knew I had found my path. I began taking courses with the New Order of Druids. Today I consider myself a ChristoPagan.
I have several blogs, but my main blog can be found at
http://moontides-mxtodis123.blogspot.com/

 


1) What religion do you practice?
I consider myself a ChristoPagan. I follow a Druid Path, but also include some Christian practices in my spirituality.


2) Are you a convert/revert or were you raised within this religion? If you converted, what did you need to do to convert? And what did you practice prior to converting?
I don't consider myself a convert as I was not raised in a religious family.


3)Within your religion are there degrees of observance (ie. Orthodox,conservative, moderate, liberal)? What are the defining differences between the degrees of observance?
No.



4)Within your religion what degree of observance are you ((ie. Orthodox,conservative, moderate, liberal) ? Why did you choose this degree of observance?
 No.



5)What is the Afterlife within your religion? For example: what happens when a person dies? Are there places for reward/punishment? (such as a Heaven/Hell concept) I do not believe in the Heaven/Hell concept.
  I believe in the Otherworld, Summerland as some call it. Our souls are immortal. I believe that we enter this realm when we die and work on ourselves while we await our birth to a new body. We can enter this realm when the veil is thin.


 
6) In your opinion, does everyone make it into heaven/paradise? If they do not, why?
After many, many incarnations, but it is not paradise or heaven. I believe we become one with the source.


 
7) What makes your religion a good fit for you?
It allows me to keep some of my old beliefs along with the new.



8) What are your holy days and what do you do to celebrate them?
I observe both the Christian and Pagan holidays.

 

9) Do you consider people of other faiths to be your friends? Definitely. Each religion has its good parts and its bad. I've learned to focus on the good.





10) Would you ever join people of another faith to celebrate one of their holy days? Please explain why?
 I have been to a mosque, numerous churches, and a pagan solstice ceremony. 


 
11) What are your thoughts on the burka, and Shariah Law? 
No thoughts.



12) Are women allowed to hold religious office (priest, minister, rabbi, iman etc) in your religion and how do you feel about it?
Of course. Even in the Episcopalian religion women were accepted as priest.


 
13) Does your place of worship segregate? If yes, how does this make you feel?
No. I would have no use for a place of worship that practices segregation.



14) How much does your religion affect your daily life and how much thought do you give it when making a decision? Does it affect in any way your decision on abortion, gay marriage, etc?
  It brings me closer to nature.

 
15) How would you react/feel if your child wished to marry outside your religion?
My children are allowed to make your own choices.


 
16) In your opinion, if someone is not of your faith, will they go to hell?
  Gosh no. My stepson was raised in a religion like that and we argue like cats and dogs.




17) Who do you think is not a practicing ----- in your religion and why? ie who in the public domain claims to speak for your religion? Do you agree with them or not?
   No comment.




18) Have you ever been the target of a hate crime? Please explain.
 I've actually been very blessed in that area. My co-workers and friends are very accepting of my choices. They even consider me to be a witch. LOL!! 



19) Do you ever feel like your religion devalues you? 
Not in any way.


 

20) Does your religion give you peace of mind?
 Yes.



21) Do you believe in reincarnation? Why or why not? 
 Definitely. I cannot believe that we are only given one chance to get it right. And what about babies and young children who pass away, or those who are born to live in pain.

1 comment:

  1. You will have to forgive me for the appearance. I've still not mastered how to answer questions and forward them back.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete