Saturday, February 11, 2012

Ian Crossland

Hello and Happy Saturday!

I wish to thank Emberlyn Rayne for her very interesting and enjoyable interview last week. Thanks so much for sharing with us Emberlyn!

Today we have a new interview so please welcome Ian Crossland. Ian is a Mathematics and I know you'll enjoy his interview as well!

Here Is Ian Crossland's Introduction:


I've been in the entertainment industry for 11 years or so, having gone to college for theatre before that and doing theatre since I was about 15. I'm mainly in to science, but seem to constantly be drawn to the entertainment media. I do believe all faiths are connected, at this point at least, through science. String theory fascinates me. I'm from Ohio, moved to and lived in New York, Chicago and LA (where I am currently based).

http://www.iancrossland.net
http://www.youtube.com/iancrossland



1) What religion do you practice?
No religion, body health. Mathematics, I suppose.

2) Are you a convert/revert or were you raised within this religion? If you converted, what did you need to do to convert? And what did you practice prior to converting?
I was "baptized" at a Christian church camp awkwardly in 5th grade. More coerced in to saying I took Jesus in to my heart than anything. My mother was raised Catholic and my father was raised Lutheran but we never (maybe once, but I don't think so) went to church as a family. They sent me to a Methodist youth group from 6th grade to 8th grade.

3)Within your religion are there degrees of observance (ie. Orthodox,conservative, moderate, liberal)? What are the defining differences between the degrees of observance?
If science is a religion. I still have a feeling in some years people will look at modern day science as archaic. I try not to act violently but there is a time and a place for everything it seems.

4)Within your religion what degree of observance are you ((ie. Orthodox,conservative, moderate, liberal) ? Why did you choose this degree of observance?
I am very liberal and open to other view points. I suppose I choose to be liberal with my views because it makes sense that what other people believe is real to them and so real to me.

5)What is the Afterlife within your religion? For example: what happens when a person dies? Are there places for reward/punishment? (such as a Heaven/Hell concept)
I think the energy leaves the body, like a swarm of insects dissipating. I'm not sure if there is intelligence within the energy field after the body dies.

6) In your opinion, does everyone make it into heaven/paradise? If they do not, why?
I think heaven is a state of mind that exists while we are alive and that everyone is touched in to it.

7) What makes your religion a good fit for you?
Science makes sense literally. Numbers are reliable, no matter what religion you are.

8) What are your holy days and what do you do to celebrate them?
I think celebration should happen to reflect on something good that happened. Not for arbitrary dates. Especially when the world is as fucked up as it is now. It sickens me to watch people celebrate and not know why.

9) Do you consider people of other faiths to be your friends?
If they are cool.

10) Would you ever join people of another faith to celebrate one of their holy days? Please explain why?
Yeah. A party's a party.

11) What are your thoughts on the burka, and Shariah Law?
I'm not familiar with it.

12) Are women allowed to hold religious office (priest, minister, rabbi, iman etc) in your religion and how do you feel about it?
Yes, women are as important and intelligent as men.

13) Does your place of worship segregate? If yes, how does this make you feel?
Not consciously, there are men/women issues throughout society though and probably many of them deep rooted and unseen.

14) How much does your religion affect your daily life and how much thought do you give it when making a decision? Does it affect in any way your decision on abortion, gay marriage, etc?
I think math speaks for itself. It affects everything I do. Sometimes I let emotions take over because I've found that math works in two ways.

15) How would you react/feel if your child wished to marry outside your religion?
That would be fine.

16) In your opinion, if someone is not of your faith, will they go to hell?
No. I think hell is a state of mind that everyone experiences on earth.

17) Who do you think is not a practicing ----- in your religion and why? ie who in the public domain claims to speak for your religion? Do you agree with them or not?
Scientists. Ed Witten formed M-Theory and seems to know what he is talking about. Though admittedly, no one knows for sure.

18) Have you ever been the target of a hate crime? Please explain.
I have been verbally abused for speaking my opinion on Youtube for years.

19) Do you ever feel like your religion devalues you?
No. People seem to listen in awe when I explain that math is my religion.

20) Does your religion give you peace of mind?
Yes. Then I go insane with all the possibilities.

21) Do you believe in reincarnation? Why or why not?
I think the energy field animates matter. The energy in you is always passing through and changing though. Your physical matter degrades in to the ground and probably ends up in other creatures. I don't know if the mind reactivates.

No comments:

Post a Comment