Saturday, December 4, 2010

Mystic Tourist

Hello and Happy Saturday!

I wish to thank Joanna Tzortzis for her very interesting post last week. I definitely enjoyed reading her answers. Thank you so much Joanna!

Today we have a new post so please welcome Mystic Tourist. Mystic Tourist is a Secular Mystic and I know you will enjoy his post as well.

Here Is Mystic Tourist's Introduction:


I am a Secular Mystic. My life is dominated by God, no matter what I do. I live a life of singular devotion, to God. I accept that what is absolute is of God. Devotion to what is absolute assures that whatever I have to do is done. Every and any responsibility is met. I expect, God does make an example, does express and represent Gods-self. I am comfortable with whatever that is. I believe in no religion and am certain that no man speaks for God. I have greater confidence in God than that.

I have a website
http://mystictourist.com


1) What religion do you practice?
I practice no religion.

2) Did you convert or were you born into this religion? If you converted, what did you need to do to convert? And what did you practice prior to converting?
I was born Roman Catholic.

3) Would you consider yourself a moderate, conservative or other.
You left out liberal.

4) In your opinion, what makes you moderate/conservative/other?
I have liberal sensibilities. I believe the only qualification to being right is to think you are. I do not think so, and, so I am moderate.

5) In your opinion, what makes someone conservative? What makes someone moderate?
I could write a post about that, but, this is not that.

6) What's your heaven/paradise like?
Not there yet.

7) In your opinion, does everyone make it into heaven/paradise? If they do not, why?
Trying does get you there. It is in the doing. It is, or, it is not.

8) What makes your religion a good fit for you?
Not having one.

9)What are your holy days and what do you do to celebrate them?
Aside from everyday; Equinox and Solstice.

10) Do you consider people of other faiths to be your friends?
I do not believe in faith and it does not affect whether or not I consider a person a friend.

11) Would you ever join people of another faith to celebrate one of their holy days? Please explain why?
I would join in celebration. Every day is holy.

12) What are your thoughts on the burka, and Shariah Law?
An affront against humanity and every good thing. The same could be expected of many religions. The required ingredient is political power.

13) What are your thoughts on women not being allowed to become priests?
Some activities are gender specific but the priesthood is not one of them. The prohibition against women is a slight against women and thereby a slight against humanity.

14) Does your place of worship segregate? If yes, how does this make you feel?
Where I worship it is not possible to segregate.

15) How much does your religion affect your daily life and how much thought do you give it when making a decision? Does it affect in any way your decision on abortion, gay marriage, etc?
I am a secularist. My singular devotion to God, is what I do.

16) How would you react/feel if your child wished to marry outside your religion?
It is their life. I want for them to be happy the best way they can.

17) In your opinion, if someone is not of your faith, will they go to hell?
Hell is a temporal, human state. It exists only in such places.

18) Who do you think is not a practicing ----- in your religion and why? ie who in the public domain claims to speak for your religion? Do you agree with them or not?
No religion.

19) Have you ever been the target of a hate crime? Please explain.
No. Unless you include my ex wife.

20) Do you ever feel like your religion devalues you?
I think religion devalues; as much as it does anything else.

21) Does your religion give you peace of mind?
Religion can not do that.

22) Do you believe in reincarnation? Why or why not?
I do. It has been my experience that it is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment