I wish to thank Fred Hunsberger for his unique and interesting interview! I very much enjoyed reading your answers and I thank you for sharing with us Fred!
Today we have a new interview so please welcome Serenity Raven. Serenity is a Pagan and I know you'll enjoy her interview as well!
1) What religion do you practice?
I practice eclectic paganism and witchcraft.
2) Are you a convert/revert or were you raised within this religion? If you converted, what did you need to do to convert? And what did you practice prior to converting?
I didn't have any religious upbringing at all. The only time I ever went to a Christian church was for a wedding or funeral. I didn't become interested in spirituality or religion until high school after having deep philosophical discussions about God with a classmate.
3)Within your religion are there degrees of observance (ie. Orthodox,conservative, moderate, liberal)? What are the defining differences between the degrees of observance?
If you ask ten pagans what paganism is, you will get twenty different answers.
4)Within your religion what degree of observance are you ((ie. Orthodox,conservative, moderate, liberal) ? Why did you choose this degree of observance?
I would say my observance is liberal. Being eclectic means I take the things I like from many different spiritual and religious paths. However, the reverence of nature is central to my religion. That never changes.
5)What is the Afterlife within your religion? For example: what happens when a person dies? Are there places for reward/punishment? (such as a Heaven/Hell concept)
Again, paganism can differ from one person to the next so what I believe does not hold true for all pagans. I honestly don't know what happens in the afterlife. I sometimes call it Summerland but for the most part I call it heaven. I do think that we go through our previous life on earth and review all the choices that we made. I don't think we are punished. I see no purpose in that.
6) In your opinion, does everyone make it into heaven/paradise? If they do not, why?
Eventually yes. But I do think it's possible to get stuck on earth as a ghost or to spend an unusual amount of time reviewing the previous incarnation before being allowed to enjoy heaven/paradise.
7) What makes your religion a good fit for you?
The belief that everything is part of nature, that God is both female and male, and that there is no one right way to be spiritual is what makes it a good fit. Paganism is very personal.
8) What are your holy days and what do you do to celebrate them?
While I do consider myself pagan, I follow the Wiccan Wheel of the Year. I also celebrate Easter and Christmas in a secular way.
10) Would you ever join people of another faith to celebrate one of their holy days? Please explain why?
11) What are your thoughts on the burka, and Shariah Law?
12) Are women allowed to hold religious office (priest, minister, rabbi, iman etc) in your religion and how do you feel about it?
13) Does your place of worship segregate? If yes, how does this make you feel?
15) How would you react/feel if your child wished to marry outside your religion?
16) In your opinion, if someone is not of your faith, will they go to hell?
20) Does your religion give you peace of mind?