First up I wish to thank H. Kaur for her wonderful interview. I really enjoyed reading your answers and learning more about your faith. Thank you so much for sharing with us!
Today we have a new interview so please welcome Laura Dartez/Onyx Moon. Laura is a Pagan and I know you'll enjoy her interview as well!
Here Is Laura Dartez/Onyx Moon's Introduction:
I'm Laura Dartez aka Onyx Moon, a mother of one very wonderful 19 year old son. I've been married and divorced three times (read, "I'm a hard catch!"). I grew up in a very small town in Oklahama and now live in New Iberia, Louisiana. I am a slot floor attendant (change person) at a casino and also sell Avon. My hobbies include reading, cooking, singing Karaoke, and dancing.
1) What religion do you practice?
I practice Paganism. I consider myself a solitary eclectic kitchen witch (centered around the hearth and home). I'm very fond of the Norse deities.
2) Are you a convert/revert or were you raised within this religion? If you converted, what did you need to do to convert? And what did you practice prior to converting?
I was raised with an Atheist for a mother and a father that believed in the Christian God but not in organized religion. I attended the Baptist Church in my youth. I moved to Louisiana in 2000 and found a Baptist Church to be baptized in. When Huricane Katrina hit, my life was turned upside down with the influx of evacuees and a major realization that some so called "Christians" were hypocrites. That's when my best friend introduced me to Wicca. After much study, I realized that I am definitely a kitchen witch. I've always had a way of making people feel better by cooking up something.
3)What is the Afterlife within your religion? For example: what happens when a person dies? Are there places for reward/punishment? (such as a Heaven/Hell concept)
I believe in reincarnation where your time in between lives is spent in Summerland. In fact, I'm almost positive that one of my cats is a reincarnated lover or loved one from a previous life. He does things that no other cat has ever done.
4) In your opinion, does everyone make it into heaven/paradise? If they do not, why?
I think that your life can be heaven/paradise. It is what you make it. As far as a place to go after death, yes everyone goes to Summerland for contemplation of the last life and to regenerate your spirit for the next.
5) What makes your religion a good fit for you?
I have an inner peace that I have never had before. I am moral but do not have to follow strict rules (Do as you will but harm none). I have never believed in Hell but I do believe in Karma where the bad that you do will come back to bite you in the rump.
6) What are your holy days and what do you do to celebrate them?
I celebrate every day that I'm given but I try to do special things on the Sabats. Beltane and Yule are my favorites.
7) Do you consider people of other faiths to be your friends?
I have many friends with many different beliefs. I believe that everyone needs something to believe in and it's ok to be different from each other.
8) Would you ever join people of another faith to celebrate one of their holy days? Please explain why?
Oh, I love Mardi Gras! All the debauchery! The last hooray before Lent in the Catholic faith. This is a special time in Louisiana with festivities everywhere. I fell in love with it the first time I ever went to one of the parades.
9) What are your thoughts on the burka, and Shariah Law?
I feel that if they are following their religious beliefs, then let them do it if it does not harm anyone. Everyone should be allowed to practice their religion without shame.
10) How would you react/feel if your child wished to marry outside your religion?
If he was happy and there was not a conflict in the marriage about who has what faith, then I would be all for it. His happiness is most important.
11) In your opinion, if someone is not of your faith, will they go to hell?
No, I do not believe in Hell. That's a place that is made up to keep people from "sinning".
12) Do you ever feel like your religion devalues you?
How can something that gives you peace of mind devalue someone?
13) Does your religion give you peace of mind?
Definitely! How could you not have peace of mind when you are attuned to your faith?