I wish to thank Jason Hughes for being so open and sharing his journey with us last week. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your answers. Thank you Jason!
This week we have a new interview so please welcome CF.
CF is Agnostic and I know you will enjoy his post as well!
Here Is CF's Introduction:
I am a 55 year old male, born in England. Emigrated to Canada a LONG time ago.
1) What religion do you practice?
Passive involvement in the Anglican religion. Mostly when someone else needs me to be involved- weddings, funerals, and such.
2) Are you a convert/revert or were you raised within this religion? If you converted, what did you need to do to convert? And what did you practice prior to converting?
3)Within your religion are there degrees of observance (ie. Orthodox,conservative, moderate, liberal)? What are the defining differences between the degrees of observance?
Within any organization there are some who approach things with more "zeal" I'm not sure of any official levels of observance.
4)Within your religion what degree of observance are you ((ie. Orthodox,conservative, moderate, liberal) ? Why did you choose this degree of observance?
Passive, very passive. Mostly due to lethargy.
5)What is the Afterlife within your religion? For example: what happens when a person dies? Are there places for reward/punishment? (such as a Heaven/Hell concept)
Just the usual WASP-y rewards.
6) In your opinion, does everyone make it into heaven/paradise? If they do not, why?
Not sure either way.
7) What makes your religion a good fit for you?
I didn't know it was.
8) What are your holy days and what do you do to celebrate them?
See 5 above
9) Do you consider people of other faiths to be your friends?
I'd not exempt anyone from being a "friend" based on beliefs, unless such beliefs are so intense and obtrusive that their company wasn't comfortable.
10) Would you ever join people of another faith to celebrate one of their holy days? Please explain why?
Yes, and I have. It's not about their religion, it's about them. My biggest concern would be seriously offending their customs and/or beliefs.
11) What are your thoughts on the burka, and Shariah Law?
The burka is a symbol of belief, like wearing a cross or star of David, and therefore a choice. Wear it or don't unless or until it becomes illegal as it has in France. I know little or nothing about sharia law, but believe that in Canada we have a
legal system that works fairly for all and that is the only law which should be practiced here.
When in Rome...
12) Are women allowed to hold religious office (priest, minister, rabbi, iman etc) in your religion and how do you feel about it?
Yes, carry on.
13) Does your place of worship segregate? If yes, how does this make you feel?
14) How much does your religion affect your daily life and how much thought do you give it when making a decision? Does it affect in any way your decision on abortion, gay marriage, etc?
None, and no.
15) How would you react/feel if your child wished to marry outside your religion?
I'd care about the person, not the religion.
16) In your opinion, if someone is not of your faith, will they go to hell?
If I'm not pleased with them, they can all go to hell, but I'm sure that's not what you mean.
17) Who do you think is not a practicing ----- in your religion and why? ie who in the public domain claims to speak for your religion? Do you agree with them or not?
No answer for this, I guess my apathy knows no bounds - or restrictions.
18) Have you ever been the target of a hate crime? Please explain.
19) Do you ever feel like your religion devalues you?
No - it pretty much leaves me alone.
20) Do you believe in reincarnation? Why or why not?
Too tough to answer this - as a lazy agnostic...