Saturday, September 4, 2010

Kola Boof

Hello and Happy Saturday!

Thank you so much to Don Emmerich for his post last week. Thank you for sharing so openly with us. Be sure to read Don's open and honest interview.

YMR has a new post so please welcome Kola Boof.
Kola is a Womanist and I know you will enjoy her interview as well!

Here Is Kola Boof's Introduction:


Kola Boof is an acclaimed author and poet with such works as
Flesh and the Devil, Long Train to the Redeeming Sin, Nile River Woman, and Diary of a Lost Girl.
Please check out her website @ http://www.kolaboof.com/naima.htm



1) What religion do you practice?
My religion is called "The Womb." I created it myself. I was tired
of Man-Made religions such as Islam, Christianity and Judaism.
I wanted to create a religion that was more Goddess based and Nilotic. I incorporated figures such as Christ, Muhammad and others into my religion--but my religion is centered around the belief that the Female womb is our direct connection to the universal energy that is God. I don't believe in "sin". I believe that we make mistakes and that our goal should be to heal each other.


2) Did you convert or were you born into this religion? If you converted, what did you need to do to convert? And what did you practice prior to converting?
I was born Sunni Muslim in Omdurman, Sudan. As an orphan adopted by African-Americans, they switched me to Baptist Christian. As an adult, I chose to reject both and started The Womb. You could say that novelist Alice Walker and her writings about "Womanism" influenced me to do this.

3) Would you consider yourself a moderate, conservative or other.
I don't really care about politics. I'm a liberal Democrat. But I loathe

even them on occasion.

4) In your opinion, what makes you moderate/conservative/other?
The fact that I'm open to thinking very deeply about any and
everything makes me a Liberal Democrat.

5) In your opinion, what makes someone conservative? What makes someone moderate?
This is a boring topic for me. Boring as hell. I don't care about
politics very much.


6) What's your heaven/paradise like?
I'm not old enough yet to envision it. But I've never seen anything in earthly movies or books or church talk that represent it.

7) In your opinion, does everyone make it into heaven/paradise? If they do not, why?
People will go where they want to go...whatever they created
on earth is where they will go.


8) What makes your religion a good fit for you?
I created it.

9) What are your holy days and what do you do to celebrate them?
I don't have "set" holy days. They announce themselves randomly throughout life.

10) Do you consider people of other faiths to be your friends?
Most definitely. I have love for all human beings, though many
of them I can't stand. But still...I have love for them.

11) Would you ever join people of another faith to celebrate one of their holy days? Please explain why?
Definitely I would. I do it all the time. You join them to show
your friendship and acceptance of them. It doesn't matter if
it's not your personal beliefs. You just show support and respect
for their beliefs.

12) What are your thoughts on the burka, and Shariah Law?
I feel that anyone who wants to wear a Burka should have that
right, anywhere in the world. I don't like Islam personally, not
for me or my children. And I certainly despise any type of religious laws. I believe in separation of church and state.

13) What are your thoughts on women not being allowed to become priests?
Well, obviously, it's stupid. And it's why I don't take
part in Man-Made religions.

14) Does your place of worship segregate? If yes, how does this make you feel?
No.

15) How much does your religion affect your daily life and how much thought do you give it when making a decision? Does it affect in any way your decision on abortion, gay marriage, etc?
My set of values and beliefs affect everything that I do. I suppose that's part of my religion.

16) How would you react/feel if your child wished to marry outside your religion?
My children can be both--they are raised in The Womb
and they can also adopt another religion if they want.
But I know that they will never be able to disengage
the principles of The Womb.


17) In your opinion, if someone is not of your faith, will they go to hell?
I don't believe in hell. People who create hell on earth
will reap what they lived--to some extent.


18) Who do you think is not a practicing ----- in your religion and why? ie who in the public domain claims to speak for your religion? Do you agree with them or not?
Religion is superstition, conjecture and here-say, so that's every human, practically. We share many delusions, because we don't really know shit.

19) Have you ever been the target of a hate crime? Please explain.
Of course. All my life. Targeted by Arabs, by Muslims,
by the White Race and most of all by Black self-haters.


20) Do you ever feel like your religion devalues you?
I did feel that way about Christianity and Islam. Which
is why I left.


21) Does your religion give you peace of mind?
Yes, it does.

22) Do you believe in reincarnation? Why or why not?
Yes, I do believe in it.
I believe that anything is possible.

Do I care? Not much.

No comments:

Post a Comment